Scholarships for Speedway, Inc. has two unique scholarship categories:
High School Senior Scholarships and Continuing Education Scholarships.
Please see below for more information about each type of scholarship and its
associated application form.
High School Senior Scholarships:
1. Applicants must be a Senior who will graduate from Speedway High School.
2. Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited college, university,
technical or vocational school.
3.. Deadline for applying is in February each year. (See application for exact date)
4. Applicant must fill out the entire application which consists of a 500 word or
less essay, a Student Information Page, and an Acknowledgement/Release
form and turn it in to the Guidance Office at Speedway High School before the
5. DO NOT put your name on the application. The Guidance Office will assign a
confidential student number to your application and essay.
6. Scholarships will be awarded at the SHS Honor Night program.
Click here for the 2019 High School Senior Scholarship Application
Continuing Education Scholarships:
1. Continuing Education Scholarships are available to college students for their
second, third and fourth year of college.
2. The student must be a resident of Speedway, Indiana.
3. Information regarding the topic for continuing education scholarship essays
is available in May of each year. The essay topic is available on this website
and through local media press releases.
As an example, a previous year's topic was:
"What advice would you give today's high school graduates as they prepare for college? Explain."
Click here for the Continuing Education Application
Please refer to the FAQ page for more information: